Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

SRC Fresh Mango Salsa


Fresh Mango Salsa
2 cups diced mango, fresh
1/2 cup diced red pepper
3 tablespoons diced jalapeno pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice from 1 large lime
Salt to taste
Mix together and chill.

This delicious recipe comes inspired from Secret Recipe Club blogger Shirley. I've had a great time getting to know Shirley thru her blog Enriching Your Kid. I think she is from India, she is a Clinical Psychologist by profession but now a stay at home mother with young children. She is passionate about feeding her children delicious nutritious meals. Her blog chronicles these recipes. Having raised 6 children I know the challenges facing parents as they strive to serve nutritious meals. I have nothing but praise for parents that make eating healthy a priority. 
 Many of the ingredients in Shirley's blog were unfamiliar to me. But I think salsa is a universal food. There are many different varieties of mangoes at her market. I think I have seen two different types here. Thanks to Costco we can get mangoes most anytime. Ripe mangoes are sweet and delicious; add just a few extra ingredients and you have a yummy treat. This salsa is great on chicken or fish but I like to just eat it with chips!
The Secret Recipe Club is a great way to meet new bloggers.  



12 comments:

katie said...

I had the same blog last month and made the exact same recipe. Gorgeous salsa!

Anonymous said...

When I had Enriching Your Kid's Blog, I debating making the exact same thing! This salsa looks so amazing!

Karen S Booth said...

What a fabulous SRC choice, and such a fresh looking salsa for a spicy meal too! Karen

Megan @ Cooking Whims said...

I love how summery this is -- great change from all the stews and baked goods around the blogosphere!

Janie said...

Mango salsa is the best! Fabulous pick :)

Happy reveal day!

Asiya @ Chocolate and Chillies said...

This looks so refreshing..too bad mango season is over. Now the mangos we get in Canada are not very good. Happy SRC Reveal Day!

Baking Addict said...

This looks delicious and refreshing. Great SRC pick!

Kitchen Ninja said...

Can't go wrong with fresh salsa -- great SRC pick!

Jenni said...

I love salsas with fruit in them! Great SRC pick! :)

April said...

I've never tried a fruit salsa but it's on my kitchen bucket list to try. I bet this would go great with grilled chicken or pork.

Cakelaw said...

This sounds delicious - and I adore mango anything.

Shirley said...

Hey Cindy,
Sorry for the delay. The salsa looks fantastic! Glad you loved it. It seems a popular recipe!