Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pepperoncini Beef


I'm sure you are probably tired of turkey about now. But family gatherings continue, parties and activities fill your calendar. Do I have a great recipe for you. It is simple and delicious. I have made it twice in the past two weeks, that's how good it is. I found the recipe over at Our Best Bites which is not surprising because their blog is awesome and Kate and Sara are amazing too.

Pepperoncini Beef
Salt and pepper a two to three pound beef roast, I like a Rump Roast. Heat a little olive oil in a pan until hot. Brown roast on all sides. Yes I know this dirties a pan but just trust me on this one. You really want a nicely browned roast. 
Put the browned roast in a crock pot. Top with 4-5 cloves of garlic, pressed. Pour contents (juice and all) of a 16 ounce jar of Pepperoncini pepper rings over the roast. Put the lid on and cook till very tender. You could cook it on low all day or on high for a shorter time. All crock pots seem different. You want it fall apart tender.
Remove roast from crock pot place on a cutting board. When cool enough to handle either shred or slice the beef. Using an immersion blender blend pepper/juice mixture. Drizzle some of the juice over the beef--maybe half. It adds moisture to the meat as well as flavor. Put the remaining on the table to add as needed.
Spread a little butter and mayo on a crusty roll. Pile on meat and top with provolone cheese. Put sandwich under the broiler just to melt the cheese and heat up the roll. Be prepared to eat one of the best sandwiches ever. I'm a non beef eater but these were excellent. It's easy and feeds a crowd. Perfect for the coming holidays.
Feeds about 8 adults.

10 comments:

Suhaina said...

This looks yumm and is quite filling.

Nedra said...

I love everything that Sara and Kate make, and sure sell a lot of their cookbooks at our store. Beef does look good about now!

Unknown said...

My husband and boys will LOVE this!

Debra Eliotseats said...

This looks soo good. I love those pickled peppers and I wish someone would post a home-canned recipe.

Cakelaw said...

Yum - there's nothing like a good burger.

Kayte said...

I made and posted this recently as well...but from another source. Recipe is the same except he had added sliced onions and a couple of sliced garlic cloves to the pot...which are oh so good. This is one great sandwich...great timing for Basketball season, no? Your photo has me wanting to put it on the menu for this weekend...might need to do that.

Heidi said...

I've never tried anything like this. It looks fantastic! Thanks for introducing me to something new. Looks way better than a regular burger. Thanks for linking up at One Creative Weekend! Enjoy your weekend.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This looks so good! =)

Im your newest GFC and Pinterest follower. =)

Grandma Scott said...

It was delicious... I love the touch of putting the bun and sandwich topped with cheese in the broiler. The buns were soooo good toasted...with the melted cheese.
Thanks for letting me share in you yummy meal...

Krista said...

This sandwich looks amazing! I know it would be quickly devoured by my husband! Thanks so much for linking up with me @ Great Idea Thursday's :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything