Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chex PB and Chocolate Blast


My brother was on his way over to chat with me about computers. He is a pro, I value his opinion. His favorite snack in Chex Party Mix. I checked the pantry and had the Chex but lacked the pretzels, mixed nuts and Goldfish. What to do, I really didn't want to go shopping.
I checked the back of the Chex box, was I surprised. Chex Mixes for every taste. I went for the Chex PB and Chocolate Blast. At first I thought it would never work, he liked salty Chex. I made it, we sampled it and before we knew it the bowl was empty. I sent the remainder home for his 5 kids--I knew they would love it. I was right, he said it didn't last long! Just another yummy recipe to add to your holiday parties.


Chex PB and Chocolate Blast
6 cups Rice Chex
8 ounces white vanilla baking chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 cup mini red and green M&M's
1 cup dry roasted peanuts
Place 3 cups of Rice Chex in a bowl. In a small bowl microwave the vanilla chips uncovered on high for about 1 minute--just till they are softened and can be stirred. Pour melted vanilla chip over the 3 cups of Chex. Stir to coat. Pour mixture on a sheet pan in a single layer.
Repeat the above procedure with the remaining Chex and the Peanut Butter Chips. Add the Mini M&M's and peanuts. Combine both mixtures and cool until set. 
Enjoy!

9 comments:

Suhaina said...

That is a total blast Cindy. Love that easy recipe.

Beth said...

What a fun snack!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

I just made popcorn and coated it in melted white chocolate chips...it was divine! I'm certain I'd react exactly the same to your Chex Mix...YUMMY!!!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust said...

I think I could live on Chex Mix, totally. Love this version!

Unknown said...

I don't think it matters which version of Chex Mix it is....it's impossible to stop eating that stuff! :)

Erin said...

Chex Mix is one of my favorites too. And this version looks wonderful. What's not to love? Crunchy, chocolatey and peanut butter? Yes, please!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.