Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Syrup


Just wanted to share this Fresh Strawberry Syrup recipe while beautiful berries are abundant (at least in Costco)! It is simple and delicious, turns whole grain pancakes into fine dining.

Fresh Strawberry Syrup
1 cup finely chopped strawberries--I used my Pampered Chef Chopper, perfect for this job
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
1/8 teaspoon Pampered Chef Cinnamon Plus--this seasoning includes orange peel, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. It is so good, but plain cinnamon will work.
Mix sugar, corn starch and seasoning in a sauce pan. Add berries and stir over medium high heat till mixture boils. Simmer for a minute. It will thicken as it cools. Enjoy on pancakes, waffles, french toast etc. Delish! Recipe came from Sisters Cafe.

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Cindy - thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. So nice to meet you! I'm enjoying looking through your recipes. You've got some great ones - including this strawberry syrup! I could eat this on a lot of things!
I'm your newest follower :o)

Kayte said...

That looks delicious! That spice also sounds amazingly good. Gorgeous photo, too! Wow.

Tessa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'll have to look up Pioneer Woman's recipe for pizza dough!

I love using berries like this for "syrup" for pancakes and waffles when berries are in season. It looks great!

Vicki V @ blestnest.blogspot.com said...

I had a mixed berry pain perdu at Mimi's Cafe' today and was thinking the berries were probably in a strawberry syrup. With this recipe of yours, I now may be able to recreate it! Thanks.