Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Crock-Pot Chicken Thighs and Roasted Potatoes

Don't you love it when dinner just works! I guess the stars are aligned or some such thing. Whatever the case we had one great meal tonight.
I am always looking for crock-pot recipes that use less process, canned food. This recipe was really too simple. Place frozen boneless, skinless thighs in the crock-pot. Cover with Sweet Baby Rays Original Sauce. Yes, this is somewhat processed-but quick. Homemade barbecue sauce could be used. Cover and cook on high about 3 hours or until done. Remove chicken to plate, cover with foil. The liquid was much to runny for my likes. I strained the liquid thru a fine mesh strainer and removed the fat. I then reduced the liquid to the desired thickness. I returned sauce and chicken thighs back to the crock-pot for a final warm up.
Thanks Jill for sharing! Dad loved it.


The Roasted Potatoes were just that. Nothing fancy here. I had  6 small red potatoes that needed an assignment. I peeled them, sprinkled a little EVOO and added a few seasonings, current favorite is Peppercorn/Garlic Rub from Pampered Chef. I also like Lawry's Seasoning and Smoky Paprika. I sliced the potatoes with Pampered Chefs Crinkle Cutter, I do love cute food! These veggies cooked at 475 for about 10-15 minutes on each side. They were very tasty! Steamed spinach rounded out the meal.. I'm calling this a 30 minute meal, because it's my blog and I can do that. I guess I should say this is a 30 minute (hands on) meal.

7 comments:

Cakelaw said...

This looks scrumptious! Never had Sweet Baby Ray's sauce, but I am intrigued.

KER said...

love it...i use SBR or Famous Dave's BBQ sauces in a pinch...i love to make my own...and i throw chicken...ribs...chuck roast in the crock and the sauce all the time with some onions and garlic...i also love the lawery's and smokey paprika...great minds right?...i agree it's a 30 minute meal...prep anyway

Nedra said...

Hi Cindy, Got your lovely comment over on my blog. It shows you as a "no reply", so I'll answer here.
When I started watching Lark Rise, I actually thought of you. You will LOVE it! It's family oriented has a lot of wise advice. Plus, it will make you laugh. I found the DVD's at my local library. Not sure if you can get them in your area or not. I know they are available on Amazon.

Candise said...

Yum! I wish I was eating at your house.
ps - the photos look GREAT!

Anne said...

That's our favorite BBQ sauce! I'm with you on the less processed crockpot meals and this looks awesome!

Emilee said...

Looks so good! and so easy too! thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

This looks delicious!! I'm a fan of the crock pot as well.