Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Quiche Supreme


Do real men eat quiche? I think that was a book from the 70's, we have often joked about quiche. I happen to love quiche and have tried to get the men in our family to love it to. Do they? Well, they do love quiche, especially if it has plenty of meat in like this recipe. It must be served with a side of salsa and a dash of Cholula's. And last but probably most important, it can't be served too often. I on the other hand could eat quiche for lunch several times a week.
Quiche Supreme
9-inch pie crust--straight from the freezer section at Walmart or you could make your own
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, or cheddar, or jack--pepper jack is fun
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3/4 cup ham, minced
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 green or red pepper, diced
3 eggs
1 cup heavy cream or half and half
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
Bake unpricked pie crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove from oven and sprinkle ham, bacon, cheese, onion and pepper on crust. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, cream, lemon peel, salt, and dry mustard. Pour evenly over cheese mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until set. Remove from heat and let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa or diced tomato. Serves 6.



Recipe adapted from Recipe Shoebox

8 comments:

Kayte said...

Real men eat quiche here as well. This one looks particularly lovely, the colors are so nice in this one! We all loved your Asian shrimp/asparagus dish last night, thanks!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This is one of the best looking quiches I think I've ever seen! I love all of the different ingredients peeking out the side. Now I'm craving quiche!

cocoa and coconut said...

That looks SO GOOD. I love quiche so much, and its great to see a formal recipe for it. I usually throw whatever in! Yours looks really fresh and colourful.

Jacque said...

Oh, I know, quiche is so good. Your version looks fantastic, and so colorful.

Jenn Erickson said...

I love quiche, and yours sounds absolutely delicious! I love the flavor kick it gets from the lemon zest and dry mustard!

Allison said...

I just recently discovered quiche....man have I been missing out! I will definitely have to give your recipe a try.

I have a recipe for mini crustless quiches you can check out at:

http://nocarbleftbehind.blogspot.com/2011/01/cynthias-crustless-quiche-muffins.html

They are so good, that I don't even miss the crust!

Love the blog and adding you to my blogroll :)

Lady Behind The Curtain said...

YUM! This looks so good! I'd love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared this recipe with us.
Thanks,
I hope to see you there!
http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

That quiche sounds so rich and delicious! Our house is like yours- I could eat quiche all the time but my husband doesn't like it quite as much.