Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Multi Grain Pancakes and Coconut Syrup


This recipe comes from Grandma Gilbert my daughters Mother in Law. She is one awesome lady. She is happy and hard working, one very gracious lady.
Multi Grain Pancakes are really whole grain, but don't let that scare you. These are delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. For a snack just pop one in the toaster. I think they are one of Eliza Jane's favorite foods.


Multi Grain Pancakes
6 cups whole grains--I used 1 cup each of whole wheat flour, oatmeal, barley, rye, spelt and cornmeal
1/2 cup ground flax
1/2 cup coconut
Mix together and store in freezer.

1 1/2 cups whole grain mix
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Mix together, set aside.
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup buttermilk
Stir wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes. If mixture is too thick add additional buttermilk or water.  Cook small pancakes on a hot griddle. These may take longer to cook than traditional pancakes. Serve with Coconut Syrup.

2 comments:

Kayte said...

I have never had a multi-grain pancake before and these look easy enough to make...every Sunday we make a Big Sunday Breakfast (no one has time to sit down during the week) and these are going on the menu this weekend! Coconut syrup and strawberry syrup as well! Wow, was it pancake day and I missed it???? These look wonderful...great photos on these posts.

Mary said...

I came looking for your cornmeal cookies, but these pancakes and coconut syrup caught my eye. I love pancakes and coconut, so I can't wait to try these!