Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Creamy Garlic Pasta



I will be the first to admit that side dishes are not my strong point. I have grand intentions of beautiful salads, fresh fruit in a beautiful display, even just steamed veggies. Some days we get there others are pretty poor.
 So I'm excited to tell you about this yummy noodle dish we made today. The entire dinner took only 30 minutes. First we cooked frozen Costco Chicken tenders sprinkled with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning, this took about 15 minutes. The spinach steamed in a micro cooker for 2 minutes. The noodles were quick and perfect.
We will make this again often--maybe tomorrow, it was that good. We may add roasted summer squash, mushrooms, onion, pepper etc, add diced meat and it turns into a meal. Oh we do have plans for this dish.
This recipe came from the Cheese Pusher, we made it as written today but we do have plans!



Creamy Garlic Pasta
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 garlic gloves, pressed
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
8 ounces thin spaghetti
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup cream
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
Heat olive oil and add garlic. Stir about a minute until fragrant. Add the butter, salt, pepper and chicken broth. Bring to boil and add spaghetti. Cook amount of time stated on package, ours cooked in about 5 minutes, stir often so it doesn't stick. Add Parmesan cheese and stir till all melted. Remove from heat and add cream, stir. Add parsley, stir and serve immediately. Enjoy! This is one yummy quick dish--trust me on this one.
Even the baby loved it.

19 comments:

Katerina said...

I love pasta and if it is quick then it is even better. I am a working mom who has very little time during weekdays for cooking! this one would be a winner in my home!

Unknown said...

What a cutie!! And the dish looks really good!!

Nedra said...

Look at that cute face! My son would love love love this recipe.

Leslie said...

Nom, nom, nom! I'm bookmarking this one to make once I'm back from vacation. I can't think of three more attractive words than "creamy garlic pasta." OK, chocolate, but not all together. I love that you can tuck some veggies in there and feel virtuous about eating pasta as a side dish. Total win.

Leslie said...

PS, and thanks for not having comment validation turned on...the new Blogger captcha is the pits!!!

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Yes, this sounds delicious! I get lazy around dinnertime with the sides, too...but your pasta looks quick and so tasty! And look at your sweet girl enjoying it :)

Amber said...

Yum! This will be on the menu next week for sure!

Eliotseats said...

I am terrible with side dishes and we usually just have a main and a salad. Your dish looks nutritious and healthy. (And what a face----too cute!)

Kristin@gratefulbelly.com said...

I can tell I'm going to like this recipe just from the title. I love how your little cutie pie is eating the noodles with her hands. Cute pics! :)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Yum! This is something I could really enjoy! :)

Beth said...

Your pasta looks delicious!

Amber said...

I made this last night and only used 1/2 cup of cream and it was still delicious! I didn't have any parmesan, so I used asiago, and it was delicious!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

I prefer making sides over main courses. In fact I sometimes make a whole meal of sides. My Hubs and I are big garlic fans. This looks great!

Simply Tasheena said...

Garlic is my favorite especially paired with pasta. I would love for you to linky up at my Linky Party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/04/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-8.html to share this recipe with my readers.

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Chaya said...

I want to borrow the eater so she can teach me to eat with my hands. It has been so long. She is adorable.

I love this combination of pasta and creaminess and garlic and it is being featured at My Meatless Mondays. I could go for a plate right now.

Thanks for sharing this.

Grandma Scott said...

Lucky Grandma, Beautiful Delaney love you both !

Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

Mmm! Traditional Italian dishes are the best! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays!

~Amber
http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

Shannon {Cozy Country Living} said...

This looks really good! I love garlic! It looks like your daughter is enjoying this very much:) How cute!

Unknown said...

I just made this tonight, I didn't have cream so I used 2% milk and no parmesan. It was delicious!!