Monday, September 26, 2011
Secret Recipe Club--5 Minute Fudge
Another great month as a member of the Secret Recipe Club! This month I had the pleasure of getting to know Melissa at Melissa's Cuisine. Melissa is a great cook, her blog is full of yummy foods. I had a hard time choosing between cinnamon rolls, cookie dough or several kinds of pizza. But a simple chocolate fudge recipe caught my eye. This recipe is a favorite of her husband, who makes it often. It is smooth and creamy and very easy to make. It is made with common pantry ingredients and I'm happy to say you do not need a candy thermometer. Thanks Melissa for a great recipe, I'll make it often. I also have several other recipes bookmarked.
2/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk (it's the tiny can)
1-2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows (you can also quarter regular sized marshmallows)
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
4. Stir until marshmallows melt.
5. Immediately pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
6. Cool before cutting into squares.
I added some chopped walnuts