Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Crafty



I have become somewhat obsessed lately with English Paper Piecing. I am sewing hundreds of little 'hexes' together to form a Grandmothers Flower Garden Wall Hanging. It will hang above my stairs and hopefully loook beautiful.
It is a labor of love as is any had stitched piece. The beauty of English Paper Piecing is that it is portable. It has been with me all over the west. It is a perfect project to while away the hours on a long car ride. It can even be taken on planes.
I like to stitch a few moments in the morning when the sun comes through the window. Everything look better in natural light. While I still have a long way to go I'm happy with my progress on my Grandmothers Flower Garden.


9 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Those are beautiful! They look just like quilted pieces for a blanket.

Nedra said...

Great job Cindy! I am so proud of you for continuing on with your GFG. Beautiful fabric choices and a wonderful family heirloom.

Michelle Wilkes said...

Wow! I am impressed. I tried paper piecing once, it wasn't for me... but if it turned out that beautiful, I might be tempted to try again.

Lisa @ Flour Me With Love said...

These are beautiful! Please stop over and share at Mix it up Monday:

http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday_19.html

I hope to see you soon!

Alison Meade said...

These are so pretty! We have our first ever Beautify It Monday link party going on now and we'd love if you stopped by to link up - bringingbeauty.blogspot.com

Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker said...

Wow - absolutely stunning! Great job!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are really beautiful and so detailed. I love the colors you chose. Thanks for sharing:-)

Simply Tasheena said...

This is so pretty. I would love for you to link up at my Linky Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Mrs. Delightful
www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So pretty - and so much work! I have recently started paper piecing hexis too, and I know how addictive they are! Can't wait to see the finished product!

BTW - I am a new follower.