Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Secret Recipe Club Brownies



I was lucky enough to have two secret blogs this month. The Secret Recipe Club is a great way to meet new bloggers and try new recipes.  Wow! Can I just say I'm impressed. Danielle blogs at A Day In The Life. Her blogs is full of food, family and life. She has two darling little guys, I love her Wordless Wednesday posts. Nothing quite as cute as a toddler living life!
 Danielle is concerned about nutrition but admits to having a sweet tooth. I have several recipes bookmarked for future use such as potato soup in the crock pot, ham and cheese Sammie's and some yummy Asian dishes. Danielle's favorite dessert is cake. She has several cakes that would make a birthday person happy.
So what recipe did I choose? My blog title might give it away, 'getting thru life one brownie recipe at a time'.
Yes, I had to make brownies. Danielle recipe was Marion Cunningham's 'Parker Brownies. This brownie is everything I like in a brownie. Fudgy but not gooey, simple to make, only dirties one bowl and delicious. Hubby just said it is his new favorite brownie! I make a lot of brownies so this is quite a compliment. Thanks Danielle, we have a new favorite brownie!



Parker Brownie, or Danielle's Brownie (I always name recipes after the person I got it from)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, I used a Guittard baking bar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Butter an 8 inch square baking pan. Gently melt chopped chocolate and butter in microwave. My new microwave has a setting for melting butter and chocolate. I love it! Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add egg, stir till shiny, add salt. Gently stir in flour and nuts. Batter will be stiff, spread in pan. I used an offset spatula for easy spreading. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Brownies are thin, perfect for tucking in a lunch sack. Dress the brownies up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a little hot fudge. Be ready for a new favorite treat.















14 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, these look divine! Can't beat a great brownie recipe :)

kita said...

What perfect looking brownies! Who could resist?

Nedra said...

Knowing you are the brownie taster extroidanaire, I will be giving these a try!

365daysofbaking said...

These definitely look like the perfect brownie and I'm always looking for the best recipe. I'll have to give this one a try.
Great SRC post!

Danielle said...

Thanks for the kind words! I'm so glad you liked the brownies. I had totally forgotten about these but since both you and last month's secret blogger both chose this recipe, I think I might need to revisit it (:

Thanks for picking up the slack and doing 2. I would have hated to be left in the cold!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny said...

So glad to be in Group C with you, these brownies look fantastic! Great SRC post!! xoxo

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

mm Cindy, those brownies look wonderful! You're so awesome for taking on two blogs this month!

Rhonda said...

One bowl? Sold! You tell by your photo how moist they are. I think I'll be adding these to my foodie gift giving this year.

Lisa~~ said...

Can never have too many good brownie recipes. Great SRC choice.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Thin Mint Irish Coffee.

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Eliotseats said...

Those are some fantastic looking brownies! Great SRC post.

Teri said...

These are gorgeous! What a great looking brownie.

Stop by and see my Mint Brownie Bites!

Unknown said...

Love the new changes you have made to your blog!!! Great looking brownie as well!

Desi said...

Your brownies are lovely! I love nuts in brownies :) So nice to be cooking along with you in SRC.

Unknown said...

These brownies look so good! I love the pecans! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!