Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

TWD Ginger Jazzed Brownies


I joined TWD about half way thru the book, I have blogged about 53 recipes. 53 successful recipes that were delicious. Many recipes have become family favorites. But, I'm sorry to say I finally struck out. I was excited to make this recipe, I love brownies and I like ginger. Other bloggers said the ginger was too mild. Maybe my ginger was too potent, I grated my ginger instead of chopping it, maybe that made a difference. Whatever I did proved to make these brownies inedible. One bite was all it took--these brownies just screamed GINGER! I even drizzled a brown butter glaze over them. Didn't work, no one would eat them. They were beautiful but after sitting out for 3 days I finally trashed them. It was a sad day in my kitchen.
But one failure out of 53 recipes is great odds. Buy the book, Baking from My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. It is one awesome cookbook!

10 comments:

Peggy said...

I'm so sorry you did not like these, but I'm right there with you. I thought I was the only one that didn't. But you are right, the majority of recipes in that book are fabulous so every now and then if one doesn't appeal to me, that's ok. If it is any satisfaction for you, your brownies are fantastically beautiful!

Nicole said...

Oh no, sorry you didn't like them! I like ginger but I've had occasions where the ginger was too much. It's ok; on to other recipes.

Tia said...

oh wow do those ever look elegant.
i didnt make them because i was put off by the ginger idea...

Flourchild said...

I may have to eat a brownie a day if it keeps the monsters away! I love the white chocolate on top! I did not make these so Im not sure how they tasted..I just wasn't digging ginger in my brownies!

Unknown said...

Oh no that sucks, ginger is so potent!

bj said...

hmmm, never would have thought to put ginger in my brownies. They sure look good.:)

I love the crust on meatloaf, too and usually when I fix meatloaf sandwiches the next day, I "fry" my thin slices and really get a nice crust....ummmm....gonna go get my piece out of the freezer for lunch.:))

Unknown said...

Oh, too bad...the brownies look so elegant! You must have had super-powered ginger.

Cakelaw said...

They certainly look beautiful with their brown butter icing - sorry to hear they weren't a hit.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

So sorry you didn't like them...but hey. You've got lots more you will love in BFMHTY.

I loved them...but now I want to make them again with your brown butter glaze!

Jaime said...

love how you glazed them! sorry you didn't like the taste though. (and glad to see that I'm not the only one who is behind with TWD!)