Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Secret Recipe Club-- Date Nut Loaf




 The Secret Recipe Club comes around every month. We are assigned a blog to get to know and then create a yummy dish from their blog.
 I was assigned an amazing blog called Feast on the Cheap. This delightful blog is written by a mother daughter team. Mary Ann is a caterer and Mariel is a 'fledgling foodie'. I would say they both are amazing. You will find a wide variety of dishes on this blog. Something for everyone I'm sure. Some gourmet, others family fare. I was intrigued by many, I bought the ingredients for the French Onion Soup, I'll make it later this week.

 In my fridge I happen to have a 2 pound container of fresh dates. So when I saw a recipe for Nana's Date Nut Bread that has been in the family for years I had to try it. It was a simple recipe, ingredients you would have in your pantry. I chose to make some mini loaves and a small size bundt. I went to photograph the bundt and it looked naked so I had to drizzle a little browned butter glaze over it. This was one yummy addition. It takes a plain date loaf to an elegant dessert.


Feast on the Cheap is now on my reader, there are many dishes I need to try. The reason it is called Feast on the Cheap is that the cost per serving is given on every dish. That is assuming you have a well stocked pantry. And they will teach you just what is in a well stocked pantry. Yes, a very helpful blog. Thanks Mary Ann and Mariel.














11 comments:

Angie - Big Bears Wife said...

I love how the frosting drips on this! looks wonderful!!

Feast on the Cheap said...

I love that you turned this into a full-in dessert! I'm all about Bundt Cakes right now ;) Thanks so much for the kind words

Unknown said...

This look fantastic. My family would devour this.

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

Oh, you are a gem...you did double duty!!! YUM on this one, too~

Anonymous said...

this looks SOOOOOO delicious - all that wonderful frosting - YUM
Mary x

Eliotseats said...

Yum---that drizzle does take it over the top!

bj said...

I LOVE a good date cake..and this one sounds delicious.
I just linked to follow...come see me when you can.:)
xo bj

Bubbe Bites said...

This looks moist and delish. The frosting sends it over the top. Looks like you got a great blog for SRC and you picked a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Plain Chicken said...

Beautiful photos - I wish I had a piece right now!

Desi said...

I've never had dates but the brown butter frosting alone is enough to get me drooling!

Simplyfood said...

Looks amazing and I am sure it tastes even better.